Easing vaginal dryness, itching, and other symptoms at the source with a wide range of therapeutic options
At some point in a woman’s life, she will likely experience vaginal dryness, pain during sex, and other highly undesirable and life-disrupting symptoms. These symptoms may include a lack of bladder control, urinary incontinence, and vaginal itching rooted in numerous conditions and circumstances — ranging from hormonal changes to psychological barriers to sexual sensation and pleasure.
Fortunately, women in Central Austin and Central Texas have a leading authority in women’s health in their “own backyard”: Dr. Saima Jehangir of Alchemy Wellness. Dr. Jehangir works with you to No. 1, identify the source of your concerns, and No. 2, recommend treatment that resolves and addresses the root of the problem. Her range of treatment options supports a woman’s ability to lead her fullest, most satisfying life and true wellness. Some of these potential interventions include:
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy — BHRT involves the use of hormones in an innovative pellet form specifically tailored to each patient to replace those not sufficiently available in the body. It is frequently recommended to resolve menopausal symptoms and is generally considered a low-risk and natural alternative to other forms of HRT due to how the “bioidentical” hormones are a chemical match for each patient.
- diVa™ by Sciton® — This revolutionary laser technology uses proprietary “high precision automation” to rejuvenate the vaginal tissues safely, effectively, and predictably. Treatment is highly customizable to each patient’s characteristics, from age and symptoms to goals and desired results.
- TempSure® Vitalia – Instead of powerful therapeutic energy derived from laser light, the Vitalia system leans into radiofrequency energy or waves to enhance nerve sensitivity, tighten vaginal tissues, and promote the development of new firming collagen and springy elastin fibers.
- Oxytocin – The “love drug” may be prescribed and taken sublingually (under the tongue) to boost arousal and feelings of intimacy, bonding, and trust.
- Orgasm-Enhancing Shots with PRP – Like the “vampire facial,” we can use a patient’s platelet-rich blood to stimulate sensation in the clitoral region and promote tissue healing.
- Pelvic floor exercises – Often a “first-line” of defense for women experiencing urge incontinence and other potential symptoms of weak pelvic floor muscles, tailored and targeted exercises may be combined with other therapies such as biofeedback.
There are many potentially distressing conditions and changes associated with declining estrogen levels and genitourinary syndrome or vulvar atrophy that may accompany menopause. The good news is we have a multitude of therapies at Alchemy Wellness to combat these problems and restore a woman’s quality of life and sense of well-being. Call (512) 960-3622 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Jehangir at our office in Austin, TX today.